A parable, Fat Louie, the duck with gout, seeks fowl health care.

Fat Louie was getting old.

He was a fat white duck, and he was suffering with the gout.

He had contracted the gout as a result of eating rich human  foods thrown into the lake at Snapfinger Woods Estates, a complex east of Atlanta.

Snapfinger lake was  man made, as an  amenity for the residents of the condominium complex.

Louie had been top duck when he was younger.

His flock consisted of 12 adult ducks in the spring,usually  expanding to 17 or 18 by fall.

His superior swimming ability ensured that  Louie would be the first to reach the food.He loved to showoff his  speed, and he really loved the morsels that his humans threw into the lake.

The gout is a painful form of arthritis that develops from excessive consumption of rich foods. In ducks this results in elevated levels of uric acid, which can crystallize and form painful deposits in a ducks webbed feet or ankles.

In Louie’s case the crystals settled in his right ankle causing pain and a difficulty in swimming and walking.

The gout is known as the rich ducks disease.

Ducks in the wild, subscribe to the adage,” survival of the fittest”. When Louie developed his painful affliction,the flock turned on their leader.He was chased away and forced out of the water.

Louie   spent his days alone,on dry land, He became a clown,waddling around the Snapfinger Woods grounds.  When he saw a potential  food suplier he would go into his pathetic quacking act ,hobbling with great effort. The “awwws” invariable turned into more food for Louie.

As the seasons passed, Louie became fatter and fatter. He was very lonely .

One day he looked at his reflection in the water. ” Louie, your getting old,” he said to himself. ” I think its time to get my leg fixed.”

The Greater Atlanta Duck Association (GADA) had passed the Universal Fowl Health Reform Act of 09 (UFHRA ’09) . According to GADA, every duck in the greater Atlanta area would recieve  free premium government supplied health care .

” Health care on demand. I’m ready  to get treatment for my gout. ” Fat Louie quacked. ” I’m getting old, and its time for me to get back into the water. Maybe I can even find an old Daisey to keep me warm in the winter.”

Fat Louie went to the GADA satellite office in Stone Mountain.

Two very pretty an very young Dasie’ s greeted him at the front door. “Hello Mr Louie,” they quacked. ” Please wait over there and we will add your name to the list.

Fat Louie walked through the door that they indicated.

It was a very large and very noisy room filled with several thousand assorted fowl.

The noise was deafening. There were birds of every species and every age from hatch lings to the very old.

There were wires and roosts filled with  waiting patients and the ground was crowded with non flying birds .

The floor was covered with upward of a foot of  poop, and the cacophony of  hoots, caws,quacks and assorted bird calls was deafening.

Louie looked around for someone in charge.

The scene was chaotic, and finally Louie found a small group of white ducks off to the side,

He waddled towards them glad for some familiar ducks.” Hello everyone. My Name is Louie, Fat Louie. When do I get to see the doctor?”

The group of white ducks looked at him for a moment then all began to quack at once.

” Hold on, one at a time please, I can’t understand you all talking at the same time.”

An elderly gentleman with molting feathers and a pair of spectacles perched on his nose, stepped forward.” I’m Daniel Duck. and  I have been  here the longest, so I suppose I qualify as a spokesman.”

“How do I get to see the Doctors? How long will this take? I have things to do at home this evening”

Daniel looked at him and shook his head” I’ve been here waiting to see a doctor about my failing kidneys for almost two weeks.”

“Why so long?” asked Louie,” I thought  UFHRA guaranteed us free medical care.”

“It does my friend, it does. The problem is that there are not enough doctors, and most of the good ones have gone away to other cities. Because of the shortages, the government has prioritised our access to medical care based upon our are, and the cost of treatment. ” He had a sad look in his  eyes.

” You see, I’m old, and not worth very much to the greater good, so they keep putting me at the back of the line. Eventually I’ll get a turn, but the fird flu that has hit Atlanta is keeping the nurses and doctors busy with younger more cost effective patients

They figure I don’t have much time left anyway.”

“Universal free health care my aching right foot,” squawked Louie, and he waddled out of the room and headed towards home so that he could at least die in his own pond.

No Responses to “A parable, Fat Louie, the duck with gout, seeks fowl health care.”

1. I saw this really great post today….

Idleness is the root of all evil….

2. Gout says:

Interesting article, thank you. It’s good to read something related to gout that actually makes sense. I’m going to bookmark your site and come back to it.

3. Gouty arthritis definitely must be considered a horrid problem, my man is suffering from it for many months now. It puts a lot of stress on me, watching a beloved friend and member of the family experience pain on a regular basis. Sticking with a good diet routine made for prophylaxis and making use of the most effective treatment options is in my opinion crucial. Personally, I would suggest everybody who now notices initial signs of hyperuricemia to by any means take this absolutely serious. Better speak with a doctor as soon as you can and alter your food intake to prevent the outbreak of the disease. It is anything but fun! Search for effective therapy options and steer clear of high purine meals, beer etc to take prophylactic measure!

4. Gout arthritis unquestionably must be considered a terrible illness, my own grandfather has been suffering from the illness for quite a long time now. It is absolutely stress filled for me, seeing an important friend and member of the family experience pain attacks often. Pursuing a proper eating plan for prevention and making use of the right treatment methods is something I consider essential. I would suggest anybody who is currently noticing first warning signs of gout arthritis to by all means be alarmed. You should visit a doctor as soon as you can and change your diet regime to prevent the outbreak of the illness. It is definitely no fun, really. You should search for reasonable therapy options and stay clear of purine rich meals, asparagus etc as a prophylactic measure.

5. Terrific work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the web. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher!

6. 船竿 says:

Incredible plan for men that you’re able to learn more about this afternoon.

7. adidas says:

Good day! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it’s new to me. Nonetheless, I’m definitely glad I found it and I’ll be bookmarking and checking back often!
    adidas
    [url=http://www.vocearomanieionline.info/スニーカー【アディダス】-japan-86.html]adidas[/url]

8. Some will undoubtedly be pressured to move, some could vacation resort towards the credit history card which is able to only direct to spiralling financial debt.
    MBT Shoes Discount

9. アグ ムートンブーツ says:

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point. You definitely know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your site when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?
    <a href="http://www.uggyasui.com/◆2013新作◆ugg-ムートンブーツ◆2013~2014年モデル

10. cykologic says:

I really enjoy studying on this site, it has got excellent posts. “Beware lest in your anxiety to avoid war you obtain a master.” by Demosthenes.
    cykologic

11. I think this website contains some really good information for everyone :D. “The public will believe anything, so long as it is not founded on truth.” by Edith Sitwell.
    財布 chanel

12. ミズノ キャディバッグ says:

Its excellent as your other blog posts : D, thankyou for putting up. “As experience widens, one begins to see how much upon a level all human things are.” by Joseph Farrell.
    <a href="http://www.dupcie.biz/ミズノ-

13. スノーグローブ メンズ says:

Very interesting points you have remarked, thankyou for posting . “In a great romance, each person plays a part the other really likes.” by Elizabeth Ashley.
    <a href="http://www.massnawgj.org/グ

14. Good ?I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your web site. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs and related information ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, site theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Nice task.
    ミズノ バレーボールシューズ

15. Good ?I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your web site. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs as well as related information ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, site theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Nice task.
    メンズシューズ

16. I truly wanted to write down a quick comment to say thanks to you for those lovely facts you are placing here. My incredibly long internet look up has finally been rewarded with beneficial details to talk about with my colleagues. I ‘d assume that we readers actually are very much fortunate to dwell in a wonderful community with many outstanding individuals with useful guidelines. I feel extremely grateful to have discovered the web page and look forward to plenty of more thrilling times reading here. Thank you once again for everything.

17. ポールウォーキング says:

I reckon something genuinely interesting about your site so I saved to favorites .
    <a href="http://www.noticiasem.com/ステッ

18. But wanna comment that you have a very decent internet site , I love the layout it actually stands out.
    スポーツシューズ

19. Hi, I do believe this is a great website. I stumbledupon it 😉 I may revisit once again since I book marked it.
    Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide others.

Also visit my blog post; canada goose jacket fabric

20. krmrfwah says:

Ces thérapies agissent sur les cognitions. Ce que tu penses dans ta tête, c’est ça les cognitions, tes ruminations intérieures, le dialogue que tu entretiens avec toi même. Et un comportement inadapté vient souvent de ce que tu penses. L’idée de la barre d’adresse semble bonne sur le papier mais à l’utilisation c’est tout autre chose. Prendre en compte ce qui est entré sans le pondérer avec les sites les plus souvent visités c’est inutile. Bien sur il a le petit icone qui propose les sites les plus visités, mais situé dans la barre bookmark, ce qui oblige à des clics de souris supplémentaire.. nike air max 90 pas cher En Loz re o elle arrive l’ ge de 13 ans pour y vivre deux ans avant de partir Al s dans le Gard jusqu’ ses 18 ans. Elle se d couvre d s son plus jeune ge une passion pour l’art en g n ral et pour le th tre en particulier. Apr s l’obtention de son bac et un chec pour entrer au conservatoire de Montpellier, elle monte Paris afin d’y suivre des tudes en Arts du Spectacle o elle d croche une Ma trise Arts du spectacle option th tre Universit Paris VIII.PIKOU est plus sensible que la plupart des autres hommes et sur ce plan se rapproche du beau sexe. Il supporte mal l’adversité, d’autant plus qu’il se prend toujours pour un être fragile dont la nature devrait s’occuper avec un soin particulier. Lorsqu’un malheur quelconque le frappe, on le voit s’écrier : “Mais pourquoi est ce que cela m’arrive, à moi ” Puisque l’adversité est inévitable dans la vie, il est dans l’intérêt de PIKOU d’apprendre la fortitude d’âme.
    The Nairobi Star reported on 2 May that there is a global shortage of some 350,000 professional midwives, according to UNFPA. UNFPA Executive Director Babatunde Osotimehin said as a result of the shortage, women and their newborn babies die from complications that would be prevented by a health worker with skills, the right equipment and support. He noted that more than one in three women in developing countries give birth alone or with the help of relatives. nike air force one low pas cher Marcelina Bautista, Directrice du Centre d’appui et de formation au profit des employées domestiques, a signalé dans divers entretiens dans la presse, le manque de volonté politique de la part des sénateur e s et du gouvernement de légiférer pour la reconnaissance de leurs droits. Bautista rappelle que les revendications visent à obtenir un horaire de travail juste, la reconnaissance des congés, des jours fériés, le paiement de primes, la sécurité sociale, la retraite, le respect des jours de repos obligatoire, le paiement d’une indemnité en cas de licenciement abusif, ainsi qu’un traitement respectueux. Elle signale également que la réforme du travail précédente a uniquement reconnu leur droit de dormir huit heures, en maintenant un horaire de travail de 12 heures.They are air pollution, water pollution, waste pollution and noise pollution. But what michael kors classic handbags can we do to solve the pollution I think, firstly, we can make cars that don’t pollute the Michael Kors Monogram environment. We can ask companies to use modern clean technology.
    Whilst clearly satisfied with the improving trends in arrivals, Mr. Micallef believes that further effort is required to secure a level of operational performance which consistently exceeds the thresholds required for a viable and sustainable industry.Notwithstanding the considerable volume and rate gains registered so far this year, hotel profitability on a year to date basis has remained 15% below the average registered in 2007 and 2008. Increasing energy costs have continued to be a major issue for hoteliers and have eroded up to 24% of the revenue gains registered.Although NSO reports indicate that tourist expenditure has continued to increase exponentially, hotel average achieved room rates remain under pressure and below 2008 levels.Nike free shoesA little something so that you can look ahead to each one the winter season. You will find a excite of your tips on its own, and also many of the pleasurable apres snowboarding very. A brand new eating out and also likely within township for a couple of wines including a flow. nike air force 1 The report also finds that despite laws to prevent its practice, child marriage has remained mostly constant in developing countries over the past decade. “No social, cultural or religious rationale for child marriage can possibly justify the damages these marriages do to young girls and their potential,” said UNFPA Executive Director, Dr. Babatunde Osotimehin.One way to overcome this limitation is to quantitatively map the susceptibility gradient. Several works have been performed over the past years to map the susceptibility gradient mainly to correct geometrically distorted EPI for functional MRI10,11. However, most of the time, these magnetic field mapping techniques require extra scan time and/or use complex phase unwrapping algorithm.
    Cette condition peut résulter d’un traumatisme, d’une lésion de l’appareil respiratoire ou enfin d’une lésion sophagienne. Les signes cliniques sont une dyspnée restrictive, une tachypnée, de l’intolérance à l’effort, de la toux, de la cyanose, une diminution des bruits pulmonaires et cardiaques à l’auscultation et une hyperrésonance thoracique à la percussion. Une radiographie thoracique permet de poser le diagnostic de pneumothorax en se basant, sur la vue latérale, sur la présence d’une bande de densité aérique entre le sternum et le cur.In many cases, UNFPA is able to multiply its effectiveness by supporting legislation that protects the rights of women, such as groundbreaking laws in Guatemala granting women the right to reproductive health care. In some cases, the Fund gets results by partnering with men as in Uganda. The Fund also supports services for women who are victimized by various forms of gender based violence. nike tn pas cher Tu sera fixé la journee ou tu aura oser lui en parler. D autre coter, comme il semble plus facile pour toi d plutot que de lui parler, aissaye de lui prendre la main ou de te rapprocher plus delle encore que tu ne le fais. Embrasse laTu n rien a perdre a t Prend sur toi et regarde les choses en face, tu naura rien tant que tu ne fonce pas plus loin :).
    Avant 3 jours de course, pensez commencer ce traitement pour en situation optimale. Ouverts du mardi au samedi sans la moindre interruption, ils vous proposeront une large gamme de choix. C’est une ligne de basket qui a cr son effigie. It’s also a great conversation starter. For a team building activity this past summer, AERS Partner Erin Scanlon invited Weintraub to a Cirque du Soleil show in New York City. As usual, trapeze work was a key part of the show.But Chicago isn’t just granite, as it is surrounded by water and prides itself in its eclectic fusion. It has also been known as the jazz capital, since jazz artists emigrated from New Orleans to Chicago in 1917, bringing blues and ragtime over to create a new style of jazz, which combined black New Orleans music with that of white jazz enthusiasts who imitated them. Some of the best jazz establishments are Andy’s Jazz Club (11 East Hubbard St.), which also serves food, and Green Mill (4802 North Broadway Ave), which was gangster Al Capone’s old haunt. nike air force one femme pas cher “Sa mère tenait à être au courant de tout ce qui se passait en classe, et avait demandé à la direction de la convoquer au moindre petit problème”, se rappelle une ancienne camarade de Lalla Soukaïna. Et c’est ce qui va arriver un jour. “Après une dispute avec une camarade en plein cours, Lalla Meryem a été convoquée par le directeur.